3 Best at Home Brazilian/Bikini Wax Kits 2019 – Buyer’s Guide
Having a Brazilian wax is an intimate experience. Not everyone is comfortable with having someone working that close to their sensitive private regions. Or, perhaps you don’t have the luxury of having a European Wax Center right down the street from you. Although it is hard to beat the quality of a professional Brazilian wax service, there are many ways to get an effective Brazilian or bikini wax from the comfort of your own home.
There are many at home waxing brands including Gigi, Surgi-wax, Wowax, Yeelen, and more, so it’s difficult to know who makes the best Brazilian wax at home kit. The kits vary in ease-of-use, performance, and price. Here at BrazilianWaxGuide.com, we’ve reviewed them all to give you the best idea of what to buy when it comes time for your at-home waxing experience.
Best DIY Bikini Wax or Brazilian Wax
Brazilian Was Guide we have done the leg work for you and reviewed tons of different at home Brazilian wax kits. Below, you will find a list of the 10 Best At Home Brazilian Wax Kits:
1. Gigi Brazilian Bikini Wax Microwave Formula – An easy, clean, microwaveable solutions
Gigi is perhaps one of the most well-known brands in the at-home waxing business. The Gigi Brazilian Bikini Wax Microwave Formula is one of the primary reasons why. Just pop this tub of the microwaveable formula in the microwave and in a few minutes, you’re ready to wax. The container, which is 2 1/2″ in diameter, should be enough to get you through a few Brazilian or bikini waxing sessions.
This is what is referred to as a “hard wax” so it is not as soft and messy as some of the other solutions that you may experience. In addition to using this solution for waxing pubic hair, it can also be used on your lips, arms, legs, and more.
- Relatively cheap
- Requires additional purchase of applicator sticks and strips
- Leaves some residue (can be washed off in the shower)
2. Vennco Brazilian Bikini Home Waxing Kit Hair Depilatory Full Body Wax Kit – All-In-One Kit
The Vennco Brazilian Bikini Waxing kit has everything that you need to get started with a professional, at-home bikini or Brazilian wax. In addition to pubic hair removal, it can also be used for the rest of your body including legs, arms, face and more.
This kit comes with wax kits and applicator sticks. It can be applied in three easy steps:
- Prepare and clean your skin, don’t leave any dirt, sweat or cream on. And heat the hard wax beans until it looks like honey texture.
- Try the temperature with your wrist first, make sure it’s not too hot. And apply the melted hard wax with pressure and to the direction of hair growth.
- Pull the hard wax strip off in the opposite direction of hair growth after applied about 10 s. Make sure the strip is not too thin or applied too long.
In addition to the included wax, the heater included with this kit can be used with hard wax, canned wax, or wax blocks.
- Includes a variety of waxes (5 packs of wax beans)
- Quickly melts wax
- Includes warmer with auto-shutoff function
- May take some experience to get used to
- Can be messy
3. Surgi-wax Brazilian Waxing Kit For Private Parts – Easy and affordable
The Surgi-wax Brazilian waxing kit is similar to the Gigi kit that we reviewed above. This 3-pack kit works out to be even slight more affordable if you are looking to be a frequent waxer. The wax is easily prepare in the microwave and the jars include a convenient handle to remove it from the microwave to avoid burns.
The Surgi-wax also includes a Pre-Epilation Oil that ensures that the wax always adheres to the hair and never the skin. Also, incase our guides don’t include quite enough information, the kit also comes with detailed, step-by-step instructions for a successful waxing process. Additionally, if you are a man who may be looking into a Brazilian wax, this is a unisex solution that does not contain any fragrances.
You really can’t go wrong with this Surgi-wax kit.
- No fragrances (unisex)
- Can be used on entire body
- Comes in a 3-pack for the frequent waxer
- Can be messy
- Can also be melted in boiling water (not recommended)
At Home Brazilian Wax Buyers Guide
Now that you have read our reviews of the available at home Brazilian wax solutions. Here is a detailed buyers guide to help you make an informed decision.
What should I look for in a DIY Brazilian or bikini wax kit?
There are many things that you should consider when shopping for an at home, do-it-yourself waxing kit. The first thing that you should consider is health issues. If you have any known allergies, sensitive skin, etc. then you should be careful to check the ingredients of the wax that you purchase to avoid an irritants. Second, you should consider your waxing environment. For example, if you have access to a microwave, then you can take advantage of one of the microwaveable waxing kit solutions. Otherwise, you may need to purchase a kit that includes a warmer to melt the wax. Second, take some time to read reviews. Although we do our best to find the best products for our readers, there is always a chance that our experiences do not match those of other consumers. Take the time to do some of your own research, you will likely find that it is well worth it.